Repainting the car on your own is not easy at all and right from the first step; you will have to engage in really hard work both mentally and physically. Mental hard work is important because you will have to learn about different kinds of automotive paints and this is important because of the presence of so many options out there. Here in this post, we have covered the details of some popular options available under the tag of auto paint.
- The most important solution used in the process of car paint is the primer that is also given the name of undercoat finish and it is present in the shades of gray.
- Primer is generally used to make the surface of the vehicle ready for painting and it also helps in making the automotive paint stick to the body of the vehicle.
- Primer can be applied using an automotive paint brush and spray primers are also available that run using compressors Sydney that is known for keeping moisture away from the metal base.
- The next layer used before automotive paint is given the name of “base” and its name signifies that it is a basic coat of the actual paint of the vehicle.
- This is applied once the primmer is applied and it has dried and an important part to know is that the “BASE” coat does not contain strengtheners and hardeners.
- In other words, it is just the raw coat of automotive paint sitting on the top of the primer layer.
- According to the experts, using a base coat and a clear coat is perhaps the most common way to paint a car.
- The next layer is given the name of a clear coat finish and regarding this paint, an important thing to understand is that it doesn’t contain any color or pigment.
- This coat of auto paint is applied to the vehicle’s body to protect it and make it shine just like new.
- For this, they are mixed with specialized chemicals that provide easy adherence to the flexible components, like a plastic bumper.